OS X and Windows Data Collector updates

We have published updates to both the OS X (0.9.5) and Windows (0.9.8) Data Collectors.

New features –

• By popular demand, RescueTime now has the ability to differentiate between Google “applications”. For instance: www.google.com/reader will now be considered different than www.google.com. We are doing this for the following Google sites:
    • google.com/reader
    • google.com/ig (iGoogle)
    • google.com/notebook
    • google.com/calendar
    • google.com/talk
    • google.com/analytics
  • We have added the ability to send updates from the application menu – “Send Update Now”

Fixes – OS X

• Fixed error dialog that would appear when RescueTime.com was down for maintenance or other situations where there data collector timed out when communicating with the RescueTime.com servers
  • The Preferences dialog should now properly get focus and become active when opening from the System menu icon

Fixed – Windows

• Fix to prevent log files larger than 500k from being generated.

6 Comments on “OS X and Windows Data Collector updates”

1. Alicia says:

Yes, but when will you add Flock support? I really want to use this tool but without Flock it’s only 1/2 a tool!

2. Ivan Kirigin says:

Cool!

I’m not sure if this is an issue on OS X, but I couldn’t care less about file size. Store 5 GB if it makes your life easier.

Take Google Desktop Search as an example. Most people never realize it takes a couple Gigs to power.

3. Adam says:

Hey!

My update won’t install. Everything goes sort of well, then tells me to restart the app. Next thing I see is i should consult logs and contact you as there was an error. Help?!?

4. curtis says:

“By popular demand, RescueTime now has the ability to differentiate between Google “applications”.”

This is GREAT news.

Thanks!!!

5. Joe says:

@Adam – there have been a couple of people reporting issues with getting the most recent update. I think I have a fix and would love to have you try out the Alpha test update as described here: http://getsatisfaction.com/rescuetime/topics/wanted_windows_users_to_perform_alpha_testing

If you decide to take part, post any feedback and issues on the forums.

Thanks!

6. Joe says:

@Alicia – Flock support is almost ready. If you can’t wait, head to the forums and help us test it out 🙂

Thanks